AmQua 50th Anniversary Conference “Holding the torch & turning the corner”
Dear Quaternary enthusiasts,
We hope you are staying well, and we look forward to your attendance at this online conference event, reorganized to share our mutual excitement in and dedication to Quaternary science in this time of global disruptions. As you know, the in-person AmQua meeting “Quaternary Futures” has been postponed a year. In its place we have organized an exciting Zoom meeting to help keep us engaged in the interim.
We invite you to join us for daily 2-hour sessions for:
1. a great lineup of speakers who have graciously agreed to present talks in this rapidly restructured online setting.
2. posters and poster “lightning talks” – we have several submissions and encourage new poster proposals (just submit a poster author/s, title, and abstract to email@example.com by the end of the day June 7th).
3. a Publishing Workshop hosted by Quaternary Research and Cambridge University Press (June 16th)
4. opportunities for collegial discussion about all of the above.
The full program (exclusive of posters at present) can be found on the AmQua 2020 Conference Web Site: https://sites.uw.edu/amq
Instructions for registration can be found on the website or below. To help us manage the meeting we ask you to follow the following 3-step process:
1. Sign-up at Eventbrite well before the conference to receive instructions for the Zoom meeting registration.
a. Sign-up in advance for this meeting: https://www.eventbrit
b. In Eventbright: select “1” ticket. The event is free, but you will be given the chance to donate to AMQUA to support student/early career participation in future in-person AMQUA meetings.
2. Register for the Zoom Meeting: When you receive an email from Eventbright, click on “View Now” button. This will take you to the Online Event Page, where you will follow instructions for registering for the Zoom meeting.
3. After registering with Zoom, you will receive a meeting access link and password, along with additional instructions for how to connect to the conference over Zoom, should you need them. This registration system will help us keep track of attendees and maintain the most secure meeting (i.e., minimize the risk of “Zoom bombing”).
The AmQua 2020 Conference Organizing Committee and the UW Quaternary Research Center